Sunday 23 November 2008

Take one basic cake ....

Take a basic cake shaped like this ...



Colour some roll out icing ...and keep some white...





Then after a little bit of time and effort you can get this ...




Or ... you can colour some buttercream icing ... add some plastic toys and end up with this ..




This first cake I made on Thursday for a 21st birthday party. It didn't turn out quite as good as I would have hoped but its not too bad. The second is for my Nephew who is six this weekend, and despite me trying to get him to go for something more interesting and challenaging (for me!) this is what he wanted! So ...what can you do. Its fun looking anyway and I am sure the kids will love it.

But both cakes started off the same !!

9 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Love both cakes but the top handbag is my favourite ( looks great even before you iced them )

Di's Dooodles said...

WOW is about all I can say - the handbag cake is out of this world. You are so talented!!

jeany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeany said...

Omg !!!! You are just so talented & i am soooooo jealous.
Fantastic work hun...

Jean

P.S. Had to delete the last one because i needed to add i left an award on my blog for you :):)

Di's Dooodles said...

Had to come back for a second look & to let you know that I had just left you an award on my blog

Anonymous said...

They look too good to cut into!!! Little award over on my blog Liz.
Lynda

Barbara O'Connor said...

Amazing work Liz. the bag cake is out of this world.

Mandy said...

wow what a talent, amazing liz, well done you, I love em both!

noelle said...

they both look fantastic :)