Saturday, 19 April 2008

Oh What a Hectic Life we lead...!!

What a manic two weeks its been.

Last week Des had to work away in Galway for the Tuesday till the Thursday night. That would be bad enough but he had to take my car ... sob sob. Which left me and Liadan having to go on the train. The train service is miles better than it used to be but its still turning my five minute drive to the school into a full half an hour journey. And then my five minute drive back from the school turns into a full hours walk back home as there is no train available.

So the morning school run that usually sees me about 15 minutes out of the house turns into almost two hours out of the house!! And the afternoon collection where I normally jump into the car at 2.30 and getting back with the child at 3 sees me leaving the house at 1.30 and not arriving back with child in tow at 3.30.

So I miss my car ... oh yea and I seriously miss my husband too...the beds too big without him.

As if that was not hard enough ...I was making the cake for Finbarrs 60th birthday party on the friday night.


So our Manic Weekend :

Friday night we popped into Cherry's Art Sale for a quick visit on the way up to Clonee for Finbarrs party. That was brilliant fun - great crowd in - party went on till 2am... the latest we have been out in a long long time.

Saturday was frantic too. Liadan had gym in the morning ... while I went to the monthly crop in Donneycarney. The crop was buzzing ..there seemed to be a lot of toing and froing and people giving stuff away. I even got tiles for the kitchen in Cavan !! (Thanks to Anne O Kelly x)

But it was a great afternoon. While I was there Des & Liadan slipped up to Corbys and set up the gazebo for the Party on there on the Sunday.

Then Des collected me, we got home had a quick bite to eat and then Des left to go to Gareth's Stag party. I was supposted to go to the Hen's but I had cried off from the beginning as I knew we had Finbarr's party on the friday.

We were also invited to Marie-Claire's party on the Saturday night .. but that was a non runner.

Des stayed over at Gareths and arrived home 12ish on the Sunday morning...

Sunday afternoon saw us over at Brian's birthday bash. Stayed there till almost 7 then straight from there to Corby's for their party. So it was almost 10pm by the time we got home.


Monday I restarted the Mosiac's class.

Monday afteroon I slipped out to Lesley - who by the way had her appendix out on the Saturday ...

Tuesday was a bit of a catch up day.

Wednesday I went to a silk paper making class.

Thursday evening I went to Annamaries workshop in Whitehall.

Friday evening we fell asleep on the sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Small wonder really.


The worst of it all ............They never cut the cake at Finbarr's party so we got none of it!!


No comments: