Thursday 20 September 2007



Cake for a 30th Birthday..... spec - likes to travel, proud of being from dublin, and recently engaged. You cant see it but I did put a sparkler on her left hand.

Actually the photo is very dark....so its not really doing the cake justice :-(

It reminded me why I quit making the darn things for money. It took hours to make this cake, the blooming thing was difficult to bake as its very big - 14 inch round - and the centre seemed to take agesssssssssssssssssssssss before it cooked.

Then the actual making of the model etc took up almost the entire day. Ok so I didn't start till 10 am... stopped for ten minutes for a phone call... broke for lunch & school run from 1-3.30... but then I was another hour and a half from when we arrived home from collecting L.

Its too much work for the amount of money you can charge for it. Or rather for the amount I do charge for them. I totally undercharge for the cakes.

Silly me !!

..........................................................................

1 comment:

gertie (aka aine) said...

beautiful cake liz, so much work gone into it.
you are a very talented lass!