Tuesday 3 March 2009

Honest Opinions Wanted .......

Have been working on this for Seán's birthday this weekend, its an altered box. I got the box cheep in Heatons for only six euro. And have used the basic grey papers on it...




Its filled with his first jacket, first shoe (we lost one of them along the way ...) - his first two teeth to fall out - amongst other things ...



Side view ...




Thing is .... is it a bit girly? I am not sure - I like the idea - but not totally sure of the finished product. I have time to find another box somewhere....


Oh yea ... amongst the stuff is this wee balloon that was on a stick within a bunch of flowers given to me in the hospital when he was born - so it too is just coming up for 18 years old...






....... its still inflated btw!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Cant believe that balloon is still inflated! I am shocked! I think its a wonderful idea for a milestone birthday, and I dont think it a bit girly, the paper and embellishments change that! Great job...honestly...lol!!! Hope you are well! mandyxx

Elisa said...

I think it looks great, not girly at all.