Monday 12 January 2009

Cake & Card ...

My Brother in Law - Philip - has finally caught up with the rest of us and turned 40 at the weekend.

He is a very busy person so I decided that his card should be busy. So it was great fun to make, and seemed to nearly make itself.




The cake is of a Camera ...and sort of a film strip ..only sort of as I couldn't find my mini square cutter! So its just an impression of a film strip.






Still the cake went down well, and turned out yummy. Poor Des at the party the waitress only gave him a small corner slice!! His face was a picture. ( I let him have my slice ...)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

what a fanatastic card, so much colour, its works brilliantly! As for that cake, its amazing, you have such a talent, well done liz its fabby!

Lynn said...

hi Liz, thks for visiting my blog:) your cake looks scrummy and the card is very cool. the flower on my lo was mostly a premade Prima flower which I took apart and changed a bit!

Julie M said...

Awww, Liz - that's love - giving Des your slice!!! Gorgeous cake and brilliant card. I keep seeing you using TSR papers that I have, pristine, still in their packaging!!! Must use them up!! See you Saturday!

Sandie said...

Too fabby to eat!!! I just couldn't cut into something that nice!